So today I departed for Brussels, the first of my many adventures I have planned. I'm sad to be taking the weekend away from Spain and practicing all the Spanish and learning about culture, but I'm here to learn about more than just one culture and what better way to do that than to visit more than just one country!? (Especially since everything in Europe is so close)
We started out on Thursday at the bus station in Cáceres. It just so happened that Megan and Karen were also taking the 6pm bus to Madrid with me, and flying out the next morning as well. We got on our bus and embarked on the four hour trip to Madrid.
Around 10:30, we arrived in Madrid and ate some bocadillas that our Spanish moms had prepared for us. Juani had made me a tortilla de atún (or an omelette-like thing with tuna in it), as well as some other sandwiches.
After that we found ourselves a corner in the Terminal 2 Food Court, next to the RyanAir check-in desks and settled in for the night. Didn't sleep too well, but got in a few hours of shut-eye.
Brussels, here I come!
| The bus station in Cáceres |
No comments:
Post a Comment