Well, I've changed my mind back and forth and back again and forth again (can you change your mind "forth"?) about this whole Spanish major thing. After working on registration stuff today since class registration for next semester opens next week, I realized that I had two options:
Take 3 rather easy semesters (13-16 credits each) and graduate with an Honors degree in Software Engineering and a Hispanic Studies minor
Take 3 super hard semesters (18-20 credits each) and graduate with a regular degree in Software Engineering and a Languages and Cultures for Professionals major [I could still graduate with honors by adding on an extra credit each semester and turning one class each semester into a graduate level course. AKA "die"]
Alternatively, I can take this option over 4 semesters which would make it more manageable, but make me graduate a semester late and pay an additional 12 grand on my loans, which I don't think the difference between minor and major is going to be worth.
Now, I bet I'll go back and forth on it again, but right now I'm thinking that the first option is the best. With the extra time maybe I can add a little to my resume around campus or continue learning Spanish on my own time.
So to relate this back to Spain, it's awesome that I'm here right now because it completes the minor for me! Sweet!! Other than that, today consisted of classes, eating split-pea-like soup, and grilled ham and cheese. Mmmmm Juani's cooking :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment