I'm not sure when Al Roker started saying it like this, somewhere in the years I stopped watching the news, but recently I've noticed when he gives the weather for Sunday he does this awesome booming voice thing. Every Sunday in Cáceres, this comes to my mind because Sundays are as epic here as Al Roker!
Once again, Sunday comes and it's time to get stuff done! (Or not, if you're a Spaniard). Unlike last Sunday, this Sunday I have blogs to write, papers to read for class, ipods to charge, résumés to make, interview requests to respond to... Oh boy!
A lot of that stuff has to do with computers, and speaking of computers, mine exploded on Thursday (forgot to write about that!) I was sitting in the living room and suddenly sparks started flying out of the cord, and noise, and I was so scared for all the data on my computer you cannot believe. It's like a reoccurring nightmare for me that all my data will be lost, there's so much I couldn't replace on here! To make it better, both of the ipods I have here were dead, so it was a pretty boring at first. However, I took the chance to read part of my Bible I brought as my only English book here. Pretty good book. Kinda scary at times, but enlightening none-the-less.
Anyway, back to the point, my computer cord started to call forth another dimension or something, so I unplugged it from the wall QUICKLY. Upon inspection, I realized the problem. Let's draw a picture (")" means the thing on the right connects to the thing on the left).
[Computer] )------[converter power box] )---------[wall plug]
Now, I checked what I was supposed to check, the converter power box, to make sure that it was compatible with European electricity. However, for who knows what reason, the makers decided to send me a cord ([wall plug]) that connects to the wall that canNOT transfer that much voltage, and inevitably blew up.
No worries, however, as my house mom helped me get a new cord. Now my computer plugs directly into European sockets without a converter. However, that means that I need to get a new cord when I get back to the states, because my computer no longer speaks American.
So now I need to get to work, and must bid you all a farewell. Hope things are going well in the states!
And for your picture delight, please remember:

No comments:
Post a Comment