Monday, September 27, 2010

9-27 # First Real Week of School

So last week this was our schedule at school:

Monday: Check out the campus
Tuesday: First day of classes
Wednesday: Went to the market instead of classes
Thursday: Classes
Friday: We never have Friday classes :-)

and today started our first full week of classes. It's a little daunting that we're actually in school now, I was getting quite used to summer life. Also, we are given a lot of papers to read, in Spanish, with a lot of words I don't know! I started to work on it before siesta but got really ... well, you know. That kind of cross-eyed lazy thoughts-are-somewhere-in-china feeling and then suddenly you realized you "finished" a paragraph.
I took siesta hoping it would help but knowing it wouldn't. I just really can't get into a reading when I have to interrupt every sentence to look up words. It's gonna be in interesting semester if it continues like this!

Anyway, after siesta I tried to reload my cellphone because the phone companies over here scam you like the ones back home (how did I go through 12€ if I've had 1€ worth of calls and maybe 15 ,01€ texts?!). That doesn't bother me too much, but the interesting thing is something that I had seen and not quite noticed before. All of their ATM's have a "reload mobile" option! It's crazy charging your phone at an ATM, but that's how the Spanish roll and I think it's kind of fun.

Finally, a group of us went out to the café for an evening stroll and to pay Kayla and Ivy back for buying the train ticket and hostel for our Lisbon trip this weekend.
Yes, that's the Simpsons in the background :-)
Also, if you're reading this then go and eat some Velveeta and shells or some Sesame chicken and drink some strawberry Kool-aid for me, because I'm having major cravings for these right now!

1 comment:

  1. So not fair that you get all this slack time instead of actual classes... and no Friday classes? What is that? :P I had homemade mac and cheese today and it was great... no Kool-Aid though, sorry.
    -Elisa

    ReplyDelete